JOHN F KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JFK)
Allied Aviation History at JFK:
In 1953, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey built the Bergen Basin Storage Facility to be the sole source of jet fuel for Idlewild Airport and contracted with Willis Rose (predecessor to Allied Maintenance Corporation) to operate the facility and provide into-plane fueling services for the entire airport.
In 1954 the fuel storage capacity was five million gallons, most of which was aviation gasoline and all of it delivered by tank truck. Because the demand at the airport continued to grow, a pipeline needed to be constructed to meet the increasing demand. Additional fuel storage tanks were needed to meet the demands of continuously increasing airport flight activities, an expanding aviation industry and the onset of the jet age. Capacity at the airport is almost five times greater then when the facility was first constructed.
Today, Allied’s obligations have grown with ever-increasing demands of the aviation industry. Quality control of product from receipt to delivery, electronic inventory management, fuel system maintenance, environmental compliance and into-plane fueling are a comprehensive package which Allied proudly provides to more than 120 airlines and customers that use JFK International Airport.