NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (EWR)
Allied Aviation History at EWR:
Allied was awarded the contract to operate the Newark Liberty International Airport Fuel System and to perform all Into-Plane Fueling on May 1, 1973. Allied’s involvement with Newark International Airport dates back to the late 1940’s when Allied Maintenance Corporation first began its operations in providing Skycap services.
Allied was consulted and assisted the Port Authority of New York an New Jersey the owner of the fuel facility on the design and specifications for the new South Fuel Farm as well as the Terminal A and B hydrant systems which were placed into service in late 1973.
Allied also designed and constructed a modern equipment maintenance facility and administration building to support the Newark International Airport fueling operation.
Over the years Allied has been involved in the design and specification review for many system alterations and modifications. The largest projects were the new Continental Airlines "Terminal C" fuel system and the Federal Express "Regional Hub" fuel system. Allied recently coordinated the installation of a state of the art Vista Leak Detection System